Who we are
Over the course of the past six years, we’ve grown into a business of over 3000+ Instaboxers united by a single purpose; providing an uncomplicated shipping service - all in order to make everyday life easier. It should be easy to shop online, and therefore we offer millions of customers across Europe a hassle-free and fossil-free shipping experience.
We’re fast, both in terms of parcel delivery and when it comes to growing our business. So far our journey has taken us from Sweden to the rest of Scandinavia and parts of continental Europe, but we have no plans to stop anytime soon. As we expand our business we find ourselves in need of an Engineering Manager who wants to take on the responsibility for the development of our engineering teams.
What you'll be doing
As an Engineering Manager, you'll manage two to three self-organizing teams, supporting them in the continuous improvement of how they achieve their goals – both on a team level as well as on an individual basis. Reporting to our Vice President of Engineering you'll work alongside peers who'll have the same goal as you, which is the continued improvement and efficiency of our engineering department. You'll facilitate growth and learning, this may require you to adopt a very hands-on approach but equally important; is to get out of the way when needed.
Your tasks will include, but not be limited to:
- Establish or improve ways of working and new processes.
- Build, lead and grow our engineering teams
- Developing smooth onboarding and training for the members of your teams.
- Supporting the teams in cross-team collaboration and communication.
- Coaching teams and individuals on how to improve impact and delivery across the domain with a focus on stakeholder management and communication.
- Proactively identifying problems and working to resolve them in the fast-paced environment Instabox provides.
- Continue to build on the great culture of dedication, collaboration, and caring for each other, while having fun!
Who you are
In order to be successful in this role, we believe that you have several years of experience working with leadership, and developing teams in agile and high-paced environments. Your title may have been Engineering Manager, Head off, Agile Coach, Development Manager, or something completely different. Regardless, you have achieved results by improving processes and possess the ability to make strategy come alive by engaging and inspiring others. That you are well versed in lean and agile thinking is a given and you have previous experience in managing people.
- What motivates you is people's growth, the end goal and to really deliver business value efficiently.
- You'll have started your career as a developer yourself, before moving into architectural and/or organizational leadership.
- Worked in a fast-growing company organization with high levels of ambiguity and flat hierarchy structures.
- The ability to provide constructive feedback, problem-solving and analytical skills, not to mention collaboration.
When we call your references they'll tell us about your ability to motivate those around you intrinsically, communicate effectively and always keep the end goal in sight. They will highlight your capability to look at the big picture while being able to zoom in on the details that will allow you to reach your goals.
We offer you
The chance to be part of something truly amazing and fun. In this role, you'll have a tangible impact on the way that our products are developed and the freedom to try new things and ways of working with your teams. You'll work closely with our other Engineering Managers and Tech Leads who are all passionate about building and improving our products. We can promise you that you will be challenged, pushed to develop your skillset, and have the opportunity to work with dedicated, smart, and humble people.
The journey ahead is what excites every Instaboxer working here today and we are just getting started. Then there is the compensation package, benefits, centrally located office, etc. but we’ll get to that in due time.