Who we are
Over the course of the past six years, we’ve grown into a business of over 3000+ Instaboxers united by a single purpose: providing an uncomplicated shipping service – all in order to make everyday life easier. It should be easy to shop online, and therefore we offer millions of customers all across continental Europe a hassle-free and fossil-free shipping experience. We’re really fast, both in terms of parcel delivery and when it comes to growing our business.
With the recent acquisition of Porterbuddy, the fast-growing Norwegian shipping service, Instabox will now combine best-in-class locker deliveries with Porterbuddy’s innovative technology and approach to home deliveries in all markets - including high growth in the Norwegian region. With that in mind, we’re now looking for our next Product Design Lead to take our design and user experience to the next level!
What you’ll be doing:
As a Product Design Lead at Instabox, and operating from our Oslo Porterbuddy office, you’ll be responsible for developing and leading our Product Design organization, and for driving our vision regarding product design and user experience. You’ll be joining the Product department to help us improve the user experience in all our software products, primarily in our operational tools, used daily by thousands of Instabox staff such as couriers, route planners, operations managers, and customer service agents, etc.
We expect you to collaborate closely with Product and Tech leadership, as well as interact cross-functionally with a variety of senior stakeholders within Instabox, so excellent personal communication skills in a matrixed environment are key. You’ll of course also get the opportunity to be heavily involved with our users!
More specifically, your tasks will include, but not be limited to:
- Owning and developing the vision for Product Design att Instabox
- Leading and growing a design team focused on the entire spectra of product design, ranging from user research, service design, UX, and UI
- Driving design thinking together with the team: Mentoring, encouraging, and supporting UX innovation in order to improve user interactions
- Engaging with Product and Tech leadership to ensure we’re building the correct solutions that address user needs and improve flows both externally and on the operational side
Who you are
As you can probably tell we are looking for someone awesome. In order to succeed, we would expect you to have a higher degree in a relevant field and worked in a similar role before joining us, preferably at a fast-growing startup/scaleup where product development has been at the core of the business. We also expect you to have:
- 8+ years of experience in Product design, preferably focusing on consumer experience as well as internal users
- Experience in building and managing a team of design professionals in a role as Head of Product Design or similar
- Strong understanding of user-centered design methodology, UX principles, and product development roles and processes
- A passion for improving user experience not just for our customers, but also for bettering the work tools of thousands of people, not just making work more efficient but also turning it into a better experience
- The ability to adapt to change, solve problems, and create solutions with a collaborative attitude
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
What we offer
A role at the very center of what makes us Instabox. Not only will you play an integral part in developing our product offering, but also in shaping the Product department's organization. We as an organization are constantly at work to find ways to improve our way of working and your input will shape how we as a team decide to work together.
We promise you that you’ll be challenged, pushed to develop your skillset, and have the opportunity to work with talented and ambitious people who strive for excellence and never settle for “good enough”. The journey ahead is what excites every Instaboxer working here today and we’re just getting started. Then there’s the engaging culture, centrally located office, compensation package and so much more, but we’ll get to that in due time.
If you’ve read this far there is clearly nothing stopping you from clicking the apply button.