Over the past six years, we’ve grown into a business of over 3000+ Instaboxers united by a single purpose; providing an uncomplicated shipping service - all to make everyday life easier. It should be easy to shop online, and therefore we offer millions of customers all across continental Europe a hassle-free and fossil-free shipping experience.
With the recent acquisition of Porterbuddy, the fast-growing Norwegian shipping service, Instabox will now combine best-in-class locker deliveries with Porterbuddy’s innovative technology and approach to home deliveries in all markets - including high growth in the Norwegian region. With that in mind, we’re looking for a Senior Fullstack Developer (Kotlin) to help build the future with us!
What you'll be doing
We're solving challenging problems by focusing on smart usage of technology, digital interfaces, and machine learning. Our teams have full ownership of their systems and development processes. You’ll get to impact how we build and develop our services – and with what technology. We aim to foster highly collaborative teams and we’re looking for people who enjoy learning, sharing, and working with other developers to solve new and interesting problems. You'd be joining a small team that values communication and work-life balance.
- Create innovative and user-friendly services to enable a unique customer-focused online shopping experience
- Ensure an efficient logistic flow, from the webshop to the doorstep
- Build the quickest, greenest, and most efficient routes in logistics
- Work with exciting green-field projects
- Be part of the entire life-cycle of a product and be able to see an immediate impact
- Use Kotlin to build great stuff!
- Be part of an autonomous cross-functional team
- Help shape the culture and methodology of a growing tech team
Tech we use:
We use cloud services to ensure development is as simple as possible. Some technologies include Kotlin, TypeScript, React, React Native, Node.js, PostgreSQL, GCP, Google Maps, Golang, and more. Let us know if your wizardry expands beyond our current tools, we’re all eager to learn new stuff.
At Instabox we value individuals who are keen to learn, and your eagerness to develop your skillset will undoubtedly be your strongest asset when joining us. If you are a skilled problem solver who loves coding and making complex things work, then this is the place for you. Beyond that we imagine that you have some of the following points on your resumé:
- +5 years of experience as a backend/fullstack developer in a modern tech environment
- Experience in Java/Kotlin (or similar)
- Experience with Relational Databases
- Some awareness of cloud computing
- Are curious, self-driven, and like to explore how technology can solve business/domain problems
- Used to (or wants to) work in a modern way!
- It is also a plus if you have experience with Frontend development or development in Golang or Node.js
- Test-driven development (TDD)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English or Norwegian
- Higher education (BSc, MSc, or similar) within relevant fields, or extra relevant work experience
What we offer
A role at the very center of what makes Instabox, Instabox. Your work will have a tangible impact on the way that we operate and we promise you that you’ll be challenged, pushed to develop your skillset, and have the opportunity to work with talented and ambitious people who strive for excellence and never settle for “good enough”. The journey ahead is what excites every Instaboxer working here today and we’re just getting started. Then there’s the engaging culture, competitive compensation package in addition to good pension, insurance schemes and so much more, but we’ll get to that in due time.