Who we are
Founded in 2016, Instabox is a Sweden-based tech company with the mission to make online shopping easier. In 2022, Instabee was founded after combining Instabox and Budbee - two leading last-mile delivery companies with three consumer-facing brands: Budbee, Instabox and Porterbuddy. Instabee serves millions of consumers across Europe with convenient deliveries and is on track to become the leading European e-commerce enabler. Always with the customer at heart.
We’re fast, both in terms of parcel delivery and when it comes to growing our business. So far our journey has taken us from Sweden to the rest of Scandinavia and parts of continental Europe, but we have no plans on stopping anytime soon, and hopefully, this is where you come in!
About the role
As a Planning Specialist, you will assume a senior role within our Operations Planning team, leading and driving the strategic direction of planning and administration. Your expertise will be critical in ensuring optimised first-, middle, and last-mile routes, operational efficiency, and high-quality service delivery. You will collaborate closely with key stakeholders and the rest of the Operations Planning team.
This is a new role within an existing team, where you will have a chance to shape the role and the Planning function overall!
You will, among other things:
- Perform forecasting and operational planning, where you analyse historical data and market trends to accurately forecast in and outflow of order volumes.
- Collaborate with the Commercial and BI team in formulating a short- to medium-term forecast for at least 1-3 months ahead, where you take into account seasonal changes and market trends
- Design and implement strategies to provide for flexibility in Operations, where we adjust our capacity after demand in order volume, in order to maintain operational productivity and profitability despite volume fluctuations
- Develop and optimise first-, middle- and last-mile routes, considering factors like order volume, service levels, lead times, and operational constraints, where you utilise route optimisation software and tools to enhance delivery efficiency and minimise costs
- Monitor and track key performance indicators (KPIs) related to delivery performance, route efficiency, on-time delivery, lead times, and customer satisfaction, where you analyse data to identify areas for improvement and implement corrective actions
- Collaborate closely with Regional - and Site Managers to understand capacity constraints and resource availability across first, middle, and last-mile operations, and maintain regular communication to align on capacity planning, delivery schedules, and resource allocation
- Identify process bottlenecks and inefficiencies in logistics operations and propose solutions for improvement, and also participate in cross-functional teams to implement process enhancements that drive operational excellence
- Generate and present regular reports showcasing delivery performance, route optimisation outcomes, and forecast accuracy. Provide data-driven insights to support strategic decision-making within the Central Operations team to allow for cost-efficient operations
- Act as a business partner for Site Managers in improving their productivity, quality, and cost-efficiency, while having a holistic perspective to ensure any local arrangements are within best practice framework and contributing to the whole logistics network within your market
To be successful in this role, we believe you have a high sense of ownership and autonomy regarding your tasks. You are structured and organised, where you can present findings or recommendations in an understandable way for a wide range of stakeholders. We believe you are analytical, and able to work with different kinds of data and tools while having high attention to details to spot deviations. You have a problem-solving mindset, and are able to collaborate and communicate with various teams across the organisation.
On top of this, we believe you have:
- A university degree within relevant area (logistics, operations, supply chains or similar)
- Previous experience from planning, forecasting, budgeting, performance analysis, operational planning and/or forecasting, with a focus on strategic planning and optimisation to be able to improve performance and relevant KPI's
- Proficiency in route planning software and/or data analytics tools, or other relevant systems
- Experience from creating processes, routines, policies and/or implementation of these in a large organisation
- Fluent in both English and Swedish, any extra Nordic languages are meritorious
- Used to working in several different systems and the Google Suite/Office package, with high skills in Excel/Sheets
What we offer
A role at the very center of what makes Instabee, Instabee. Your work will have a tangible impact on the way we operate and we promise you that you’ll be challenged. You will be pushed to develop your skill set, and have the opportunity to work with likewise talented and ambitious people who strive for excellence and never settle for “good enough”. The journey ahead is what excites every person working here today and we’re just getting started. Then there’s the engaging culture, centrally located office, compensation package and so much more, but we’ll get to that in due time.
Are you excited about this? Send your application today!